Thursday, April 7, 2011

Elder Richard G. Scott

I didn't watch all of general conference but I was around for the second Sunday session. The second Elder Scott started speaking he had my full attention, not sure what it was exactly but I am so glad I heard his talk! It was titled, "Eternal Blessings of Marriage." Although I am not exactly active in church right now, I do still believe in a lot of it and miss the comfort that it brings me. Elder Scott is such a sweet man and really left me feeling comforted with his words.

How wonderful that we are taught to respect, love and cherish our spouses to the fullest extent. It's such a great comfort knowing that there are men and women out there who are so truly happy and really can have wonderful relationships. I realize there are always trials but it's how you get through them that matters. I am not married but I will be one day and without the church in my life growing up, I truly believe I would be missing out on so many great examples and lessons to live by. Brian is not a member of the church but member or not, I believe the principles and values taught in our church and even in my family's home are things that everyone can benefit from. I'm not saying people who aren't LDS can't be happy or don't have morals, etc. There are great people out there who didn't grow up LDS, Brian being one of them. Luckily he was raised by a wonderful mom who taught him wonderful things. I do, however, think that there are many people out there who weren't lucky enough to be taught such values and their relationships throughout life will suffer from it. I am far from perfect and have plenty of work to do on myself and my relationships but I am so incredibly grateful for such loving parents and the church to inspire and motivate me. I haven't been to church in a while, there are a lot of feelings and opinions I need to deal with before I believe I will be ready but that doesn't mean I don't love and respect it. I'm having a rough patch in my life right now and am just straight up confused on the next step but I believe that if I return to praying, scripture and going back to church, that I can have the faith and help from the Lord that I so desperately need. It's clear to me that I can't do this on my own so I suppose it's time to buck up! Slowly but surely I'll find my way through this life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com