Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Little Things

source
I grew up in a super small town, Overton, NV. There wasn't much to it but "downtown" there was an ice cream shop/deli called Inside Scoop. I have sooo many memories of me and my dad going down there. My dad was in a wheelchair my entire childhood so running errands with just me and him wasn't too easy when I was too small to unload his wheelchair. We would drive up to the front of Inside Scoop and the owners were kind enough to bring our food and ice cream out to the car. Those are the perks of living in a small town :) We would also go there after our day trips to Lake Mead, my cousins would come down from Vegas and it was a fun family function! Anyway, most of us kids would almost ALWAYS order bubble gum ice cream, so good! I'd always spit out all of the bubble gums into a cup then eat them all at once when I was done. Eeew, kids! The only kind of bubble gum ice cream I like to this day is Dreyers! I still go to Inside Scoop when i'm in town but I guess i've graduated to getting Black Cherry Vanilla every time now, the bubble gums are too much of a hassle! I just love memories I have from my dad, no matter how small they are, it's the little things that matter :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com