Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a great day! I spent it babysitting my one year old cousin and hanging out with my parents and one of my brothers. I can't even explain how much I love hanging out with my family! Good thing i'm moving back in this week (temporarily!). And man I miss my mommy job! Taysen is 14 months old and almost 30 pounds!! He's the cutest little thing with such a fun personality, I love this age! I watched him from Friday till tonight and it definitely kept me busy, but in the best way! 

On days like this, it always means a lot to me to hear from my friends and family. I don't expect people to go out of their way but when I do hear from people it just makes my day so much easier. One of my best friends, Jess, never ever misses a beat. She's always supportive and one of the first to say Happy Mother's Day, or check up on me when she knows a day may be tough. We aren't as close as we used to be but I appreciate her because I know I can always count on her. Tyler and I are still very close and he always lets me know whats on his mind. It's nice to have a friend to talk to about everything and anything. I got a text from him today that just made me so happy! Calls from my sister, hugs from my brother and texts and support from my friends mean so much to me! One thing I can say about this situation is I am so grateful for those friends and family members who really go out of their way to let me know they care and are thinking about me and Jos. So THANK YOU!! It makes me think twice about other relationships/friendships in my life. I'm trying to make positive changes in my life...surrounding myself by positive, supportive people is so important right now!!

Oh I even got the sweetest email from one of my blogging buddies who i've never met before but she still was SO sweet to think of me and I can tell by her blog that she is constantly thinking of others. That is something I definitely admire and look up to. Thanks so much Lisa, that really made my day :)

My mom seemed to have a great day as well. We ate gyros and I made (from scratch, i'm proud!) her favorite spice cake with this yummy chocolate cinnamon frosting! It's my grandma's recipe and it reminds me of when I lived in Overton as a little girl. Sweet memories :) Oh how I love my mom! When I was young and especially in high school, we weren't close and definitely didn't get along too well (my fault) but now that I am older and have some perspective we have become so close and she is definitely one of my best friends. She is so strong and always willing to sacrifice anything for her family. She is one of the most selfless people I know and I absolutely appreciate and look up to her so much!! She has been an amazing example and I don't know what I would do without her!! I love you mom!

To all mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day! It is truly the greatest gift one could ever experience and I can't wait till it is my time to experience it again. I love and miss my Jossi and I know she was watching over me today :)


My brother had some Photoshop fun lol

I couldn't ask for a more amazing mother!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Omgosh, I have the most amazing daughter/friend! I love you tons and tons forever Alli.

Melissa said...

PS, I have the most wonderful kids ever!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com