Friday, May 27, 2011

Yesterday....

I got my baking on! I'm headed on a camping trip this weekend and wanted to take something yummy to share so I decided on homemade samoas and banana bread! I've made the samoas before and man are they time consuming but soooo worth it! These babies are SO freaking good. Like wow. I always heard rumors how they are better than the actual Girl Scout Cookies and I couldn't believe it...then I tried them and it's true. It was confirmed when I bought some a few months ago and they just didn't compare (although both are very very delicious). Anywho...I got the recipe here but there are tons all over the internet, mostly about the same ingredients and steps. This batch wasn't quite as good as the first. I used semi-sweet chocolate instead of bittersweet and it also didn't set up too well for some reason. Still delish though. I also have been wanting to try this recipe for banana bread! Definitely a keeper! So easy and definitely delicious!! My family was all at the temple--my cousin, Taylor, is getting ready to leave on his mission!!--so Jeremy and I spent 3 hours, literally, baking away! At one point Jeremy was rolling out some cookie dough and trying to make it look like Africa, when all of a sudden I stopped him and sure enough, it was the spitting image of Simba! Tell me that's not perfect! (sorry for the crappy pics)


So naturally Jeremy drew Simba's face on the parchment paper....

Thanks to some Doobie Brothers and an amazing cheerleader (me), he did a pretty good job!!


Don't mind the left side of his face, it's clearly a little off lol but as for the rest of it, I think he did a pretty good job!

That may have been part of the reason why it took us 3 hours but that's beside the point. Thankfully everything turned out and we had a good time! Afterward we started our Harry Potter marathon...i've only seen and read the first book (I know, I know, so sad) so we are going to watch all the movies before the next one comes out (hopefully!). Unfortunately we both fell asleep halfway through but that just means more Harry Potter fun next week right?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com